- Max. € 110.000 OTE
- HAYS for Starbucks
The first Starbucks opened in 1971. Back then, the company was a single store in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market. From just a narrow storefront, Starbucks offered some of the world’s finest French-roasted whole bean coffees. The name, inspired by Moby Dick, evoked the romance of the high seas and the seafaring tradition of the early coffee traders.
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. Their mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighbourhood at a time.
Today, with more than 15,000 stores in 50 countries, Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. And with every cup, they strive to bring both their heritage and an exceptional experience to life.
The Senior Engineering and Maintenance Manager contributes to Starbucks success by providing leadership, direction and change management for the engineering and maintenance team on the journey from the current reality to a World Class Manufacturing, lean organization. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles by championing a continuous improvement culture and continually seeking to improve processes and equipment to eliminate waste, increase safety, quality and output.
Key Job Dimensions & Scope of Role:
- EMEA, US and APAC Markets that are directly supported
- 3 direct reports and indirect responsibility for team of 6 – 10 partners
- Travel to US plants and SSC once a year and travel to suppliers for equipment testing
- Responsible for the EMEA Manufacturing CAPEX project and maintenance budget
- (€1.5m) and leads design and management of portfolio of capital investments ranging from $2m to $25m per project
- Normal office hours, but expected as the engineering leads to work occasional weekends and night shifts as projects require
Tasks & responsibilities
- Developing and leading an engineering and maintenance strategy to maximize the capacity and reliability of the Amsterdam Roasting Plant and establishes performance standards to measure progress.
- Monitoring and demonstrating control for all future capital and revenue expenditure. Developing and maintaining EMEA manufacturing capital budget and spend versus budget. The candidate acts as local lead for capital project request process, inputs as required to global capital team and process and manages cash flow for all capital projects.
- Leading a reliability programme that delivers a stepped improvement for all process, controls system and plant equipment reliability. Establishing processes to manage, analyze, and improve equipment and controls system performance and prioritize effort.
- Delivering improved site performance through the development of the plant’s Maintenance Management Systems, Project & portfolio management, operating system and creation of a continuous improvement culture.
- The candidate leads and project manages cross functional projects for medium to large manufacturing capital projects (on time, in budget and specification). Develops project plans that define scope, schedule, budget and business impact and risks.
- Supporting plant growth and performance improvement through effective change management and stakeholder management in prioritization and operating and investment principles
- Collaborating with engineering teams and external network to ensure best practice thinking is leveraged in EMEA manufacturing.
- Promoting and improving safety standards within the plant and ensures management systems are in place to support all EU and NL safety and regulatory requirements (Electrical, Environment, Safety).
- Managing and coaching team. Role models RCA problem solving, project management and continuous improvement techniques. The candidate coaches partners to develop and improve analytical trouble-shooting skills, apply six sigma and/or total productive maintenance tools.
To be a successful Senior Engineering and Maintenance Manager you have at least a Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering. The preferred candidate has 10-15 years of manufacturing engineering experience and 10 years of capital project management experience.
Experience of leading a maintenance organization through reliability and cost improvement process. Mechanical, Controls and or Electrical engineering experience in food or chemical industry (preferred). The candidate has excellent communication and influencing skills in English, both in written and oral. Operational knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
Starbucks likes to reward their people for their performance, so their rewards are extremely competitive. The basic salary is up to € 100.000 gross a year (depending on relevant work experience). In addition to a competitive salary our partner can also offer you an international working environment and other secondary benefits like:
- 10% Bonus
- Collective Health insurance;
- Pension plan (2/3 employer, 1/3 employee);
- Full coverage for public transport expenses;
- 30% discount in all of our company owned stores in EMEA;
- 2 bags of free coffee per week.
Are you interested in this Executive position as Senior Maintenance & Engineering Manager? Click the link below to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Ahmed Ahmed now on 06-12097785 for more information. We kindly request you to send your CV in English.
About this headhunter - HAYS
Bij Hays geloven we dat de juiste persoon een organisatie kan transformeren. De juiste baan geeft aan de andere kant veel energie en zorgt ervoor dat u elke dag met voldoening naar huis gaat.
Als één van de grootste recruitment specialisten wereldwijd plaatsen wij gekwalificeerde kandidaten in vaste, tijdelijke, interim of contracting jobs.
HAYS has been active on Lintberg since 2008.