Senior Director Finance EMEA
- Salary undisclosed
- Blooming Hill executive search for Crocs Europe
Crocs, Inc. is a world leader in innovative casual footwear for men, women and children. Crocs offers a broad portfolio of all-season products, while remaining true to its core molded footwear heritage.
All Crocs™ shoes feature Croslite™ material, a proprietary, revolutionary technology that gives each pair of shoes the soft, comfortable, lightweight, non-marking and odor-resistant qualities that Crocs fans know and love.
Crocs celebrates the fun of being a little different and encourages fans to “Find Your Fun” in every colorful pair of shoes. Since its inception in 2002, Crocs has sold more than 300 million pairs of shoes in more than 90 countries around the world.
For their European Headquarters we are looking for a Senior Director Finance EMEA. This Sr. Director of Finance EMEA will lead and support the EMEA group, which includes Europe, UK, Russia, Middle East and Africa, in company financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals.
In addition to the strategic components, the Sr. Director will be charged with developing and implementing processes and procedures both in the finance and general operational areas to improve the operational performance and reliability of the business.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a fast-paced, mission-driven organization.
In this role you will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Tasks & responsibilities
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Be an active key business partner to EMEA GM and leadership team to control profitable business expansion. Contribute and influence the overall strategic direction and management of the region and support the implementation of all relevant strategic initiatives.
- Oversee analysis of business performance and trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding operations, processes, and strategies.
- Act as an effective communication channel to the Crocs Inc. global leaders and global finance organization. Building on trust and high quality, professional judgment, help gain sufficient understanding and trust of, and therefore resources for, the EMEA region.
- Serve as a key member of the Global Finance Team
- Ability to be hands on and mentally agile – capable of stepping in where needed and doing some heavy lifting with the team
- Contribute and influence the overall strategic direction and management of the company with full alignment and control of all risks on business, management and operations.
- Develop core strength in all aspects of finance matters including but not limited to financial analysis, accounting control, and US and local statutory reporting as well as regulatory and commercial environments in EMEA
- Prepare and present all necessary financial information including plans, budgets, and forecasts as well as monthly reports along with all key operating partners to improve quality of all key decision making in EMEA
- Develop and implement a highly efficient and effective international finance organization structure with maximum leverage of the global shared service operations
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range Regional goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance and implement appropriate management reporting system to measure on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for all credit and collections issues for the Region
- Responsible for finance teams in Hoofddorp (main office) and dotted line responsibility for Russia. Primary lead in managing the Region’s Selling, General and Administrative Expenses
- Lead team in preparing for monthly financial reviews with CEO and CFO
- Responsible for working capital management including managing inventory to meet targeted levels
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting department
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions
- Manage the preparation of financial reports, outlooks and financial forecasts
- Work closely with operations team to meet monthly operating goals.
- Work cross-functionally to reduce chargebacks and other gross to net sales dilution
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business, Finance or Accounting degree required
- Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years’ experience in a Senior Management Finance/ Accounting role
- Ideally experience in more than one country
- Strong FP&A and accounting experience required, with general understanding of Tax, Treasury and Supply Chain Finance
- Experience of the footwear market and worked within an international consumer facing organization is a plus
- Ability to work in a matrix structure
- Ability and experience to understand the multi-channel dynamics that exist within Crocs and the opportunities and challenges that each sector offers (Wholesale, Retail, E-commerce)
- Well-rounded financial background with experience in FP&A, operations finance, budgeting, strategic planning, cost control principles, internal controls/ SOX and Accounting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proven experience in providing reliable and up to date financial administrations and monitoring the accounting procedures and practices in the operating companies for increased transparency and ensured fiscal responsibility within the organization
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Experience with SAP, BPC and BI is a plus
- Ability to build, lead and motivate effective international organizations and teams, excellent leadership skills in inspiring and developing the teams
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate financial concepts
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information please contact Barbara Kuil or Sofie Man at +31 (0)35 201 84 00.
About this headhunter - Blooming Hill
Blooming Hill is een executive search en interim management bureau gespecialiseerd in het bemiddelen van financiële professionals op management- en directieniveau. Onze specifieke "finance" focus in combinatie met onze betrokkenheid, inhoudelijke kennis en ons netwerk zorgt voor een optimale match tussen kandidaat en werkgever.
Blooming Hill has been active on Lintberg since 2011.