- Salary undisclosed
- Siebert & Wassink voor Recticel
Recticel is an international industrial group specializing in the production of and the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions which contribute to daily comfort. Recticel develops, produces and commercializes these solutions to offer an extensive range of value-adding industrial and domestic applications through four distinct business lines: Flexible Foams, Bedding, Insulation and Automotive.
Recticel is active in 27 countries and has a workforce of about 7,600 worldwide. This position is available for the Bedding business line and location is Kesteren, the Netherlands. There are 310 employees permanently employed at the Kesteren production site.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily management and further professionalizing of the Flexible Foams production department in Kesteren, the Netherlands. As the Operations Manager, you are the initiator of change processes and ensure structure within the organization. The Flexible Foams department consist out of a the foaming department which produces PU foam blocks, and the Block Warehouse department, which stores and cuts foam blocks. The foaming of PU foam is done under SEVESO (BRZO) certificate.
You manage a team of 32 employees, 6 direct reports, and you are responsible for developing and maintaining the Flexible Foams department. Your primary focus will be to execute production planning on time, in full, at cost, with high quality to serve customer requirements. Furthermore, you are responsible for continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, in compliance with QHSE, governmental and corporate policies, to achieve the agreed upon performance objectives.
You are a good communicator, have integrity, are result-oriented and flexible and are able to proactively motivate people. You will work in a matrix organization and report directly to the Plant Manager.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing production activities including staffing, workload, logistics, escalated problem solving and technical assistance;
- Taking corrective action if necessary and ensure on-time communication of issues to relevant departments;
- Coaching, inspiring, guiding and direct management of the Flexible Foams department;
- Contribute to an optimal realization of the strategic business goals
- Identifying areas for continuous improvement in production planning, work processes and procedures. Implement continuous improvement initiatives in cooperation with Plant Manager
- Managing costs and budgets and ensure that the necessary resources, materials and people are available;
- Co-responsible for Health Safety & Environment of the department which demands communication with authorities concerning SEVESO certificate;
- Provide periodical and ad hoc reports of both result and process indicators
- Bachelor or university degree; Production Management, Business Administration, Business Engineering & Management, Chemical Technology or similar
- Several years of experience in a similar position in a technical production environment
- Experience with culture changes, automation and project management preferred
- Experience with WCM, TPM, LEAN, 6sigma or similar is an advantage
- Experience with SEVESO/BRZO is an advantage
- Excellent speaking and writing skills of the Dutch and English language
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
Siebert & Wassink has been asked by Recticel to assist in making the right choices in strategy and organizational development and is responsible for the recruitment and selection procedure for the Operations Manager.
For more information, contact Tom Munster from Siebert & Wassink at +31 (0)53 480 35 50 or +31 (0)6 43 03 07 99.
About this headhunter - Siebert & Wassink
Organisaties met talent versterken... Dát maakt Siebert & Wassink relevant. Met passie, plezier en professionaliteit brengen we ontwikkeling in resultaat. Het beter doen voor onze klanten, elke dag opnieuw.
Siebert & Wassink has been active on Lintberg since 2019.