- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive
Our Client is a globally operating company active in the manufacturing, rental, sales and distribution of scaffolding, shoring and formwork material for the industrial as well as construction markets. It is the intention to control the entire column of product development, procurement, production, sales, equipment rental and (in select locations) services. The production takes place in five production factories in Europe and Asia. For the commercial distribution of its products, the group uses a network of entities across most continents. These commercial entities are located in Europe, North- and South- America and Asia.
The International Division is responsible for sales and distribution (export) to countries without a presence of a local sales entity. This sales region includes but is not limited to the Netherlands, Belgium, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, MEA, South East Asia and Oceania. These areas are covered through direct sales people and distributors where appropriate.
For the International Division, we are looking for a Managing Director International (MDI), who is responsible for the sales activities and results of the area sales managers reporting directly to International.
The MDI is to define the sales strategy and action plans per country and/or region and create a sales organization capable of executing plans. This includes recruiting competent personnel. He/she tries to grow the company with entrepreneurial spirit.
The MDI supports, monitors and corrects the commercial efforts of its employees and direct reports. Maintains and develops personal relations with key positions within client organizations, key accounts and in-country authorities. Represents in person the general philosophy and strategy on general management level.
The MDI is also assisting the CEO in Group commercial matters, and interacts and builds with other directors in the group. The MD will also fulfill the role of International Key Account Manager for appropriate IKA's.
The MDI will report into the CEO of the Group. The current turnover of the International Division is 20 million euro, growing 30% per year. The MDI has 10 direct reports.
Tasks & responsibilities
1. Develop Strategy and achieve Strategic Business Objectives. Responsible for the financial and non-financial performance of the entities under responsibility
- Oversee and direct business within and between the sales regions under responsibility
- Co-Develop strategy for the Group, and develop strategy for International in support.of long term business objectives and the Group's strategic business plan
- Realizes the fiduciary responsibility of the MDI
- Effectively guide, coach, train and support regional teams and making them perform financially and commercially
- Initiate policy and regulations within and between the entities.
- Grow equity value long term - increase volume at higher margins
2. Represent the International Division to stakeholders and third parties
- Manage relationships with leasing companies, the government, clients, suppliers and other third parties and stakeholders
- Manage and optimize reputation, quality and brand image
- Manage the marketing manager who functions in support of International and the group.
- Manage relationships with other Group entities
3. Build, maintain and manage a team of motivated professionals in all regions
- Ensure positions are occupied by people with the right attitude and skill; develop and coach existing teams and proactively replace under performers as needed
- Maintain a culture of cooperation and team spirit.
- Implement Continuous Improvement practices
- Develop and implement a CRM system for International and the Group
- Creates an environment in which high quality and safety are embedded in all processes and on all level in the organization
4. Responsible to allocate and manage accurate, timely and reliable budgets and forecasting including correct, complete and timely reporting
- Formulate and implement policies, systems and corporate governance to ensure compliance and a well-controlled environment in all disciplines, and to ensure effective and efficient flow, inside the entity and in interaction with others group disciplines
- Drive the periodic budget and forecasting process, including required weekly and monthly reporting
- Build transparency in results and key business drivers (financial and non-financial);
- Proactively work towards achieving annually set financial (and non-financial) target
5. Proactively manage the commercial, sales and business development activities
- Develop and coach sales and marketing resources to effectively improve commercial activities
- Ensures development and maximization of profitable, reliable and safe rental activities in applicable regions
- Ensures expansion of sales to existing and new clients in the regions of responsibility
- Develop and maintain a network of distributors in appropriate (sub)regions
- Achievement of contract awards in line with Group Policies, preferred business planning, profit margin and risk profile
- Establish and maintain effective long term relations at key positions within client organizations, key subcontractors and in-country authorities
- Bachelors or Master degree in Business or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in a scaffolding, shoring, industrial services or construction environment
- Experience with working in an international environment
- Preferably minimum three years of Management Team experience in an international enterprise
- Drives efficiency of execution
- Demonstrates vision and entrepreneurial spirit (conceptual thinking)
- Creates a network of talented people
- Highly developed Organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrates Leadership competences
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodologies
- Has superior communication skills to convey messages and rally business
- Ability to hire "A" players, continuously develops employees and coach for performance and removes under performers
- Is persuasive, goal oriented
- Holds people accountable
- Follows through on commitments
- Team player
- Pro-active, self-starter
- Both result and people oriented
- Multilingual, Minimum English, preferably Dutch and German
- +/- 40% international travel
You can apply to this position by using the form below.
- Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.