- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive for Hendrix Genetics
Our client, Hendrix Genetics (HG), is a multi-species animal breeding, genetics and technology company. HG is passionate about animal breeding. They have breeding programs in turkeys, layers, guinea fowl, swine, salmon and trout.
They continuously look for innovative, sustainable solutions, together with the entire animal protein value chain. At the start of the chain, they have an influence on the outcome. For example, their responsible use of antibiotics program benefits producers and consumers.
For our client, we are exclusively recruiting a Manager Innovations. This position has a high impact on innovations within the organization. We are looking for inquisitive, creative and innovative candidates with strong networking skills.
In the position of Manager Innovations, you will be responsible for the innovations within HG and in the value chains where HG operates. You will develop and implement a strategic agenda which includes understanding the needs of HG. Identifying opportunities for innovation, value chain disruption and game changers to the benefit of all stakeholders will also be part of your role. To realize these innovations, you have to be able to initiate partnerships and projects and monitor the ongoing innovation projects.
This newly created position is based at the office of HG in Boxmeer and you will report directly to the Chief Innovation & Technology Officer. You will have a direct report of 0,4 FTE. We are looking for candidates with a strong market orientation and awareness of global trends and developments in Agri Food or related industries.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Scout opportunities and partners for realizing innovations
- Select areas in which innovation projects need to be developed
- Develop in collaboration with employees of HG business plans to underpin innovation projects
- Establish collaboration with partners worldwide for realizing innovation projects
- Guide and advise the project teams working on innovation projects
- Prepare periodical overview of activities
- Prepare budget proposal and financial overview
- Relevant academic degree with an interest in business development and innovations
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of R&D and business development
- Preferably a good level of knowledge on animal protein value chain and animal production
- Ability to think outside the box, good networking skills
- Ability to travel abroad occasionally
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent salary and secondary benefits
- One year contract with the intention for extension to an indefinite contract
- Innovative and creative work environment
You are invited to apply for this position by using the form below.