Internal Control Manager
- Salary undisclosed
- Robert Walters
Our client which is a Biotech Start-up is establishing a new shared services center (SSC) in Amsterdam. This SSC will be pan-European and will cover processes around Finance, Accounting, Tax, HR and IT. For this SSC we are looking for an Internal Control Manager.
As Internal Control Manager within this Biotech Start-up you are responsible for establishing, maintaining and strengthening the internal control function and ensuring accurate reporting of the financial position on a regular basis in accordance with IFRS and in line with Corporate policies, and in compliance with any other local laws and regulations that may apply.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design the Internal Control framework in collaboration with process owners in the group
- Implement and maintain the internal control systems on a day to day basis to ensure compliance
- Continuously drives for improvements
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of all internal control and audit policies and procedures, in the SSC and in the country organisations
- Support SAP implementation from an internal control and systems perspective including blueprinting and UAT
- Conducts and directs self-audit, internal audits. Supports the external audit process. Identifies control deficiencies and drives corrective actions
- Supports the Financial Reporting under IFRS
- Big-4 experience in accountancy (8± yrs) and internal control, where-after business experience is gained in an international company (preferably RA or equivalent)
- Hands-on ability to implement swiftly and effectively by taking ownership and accepting responsibility. Ability to work in a start-up environment
- Very solid on IFRS
- Experience with the concept of an SSC is a prerequisite
- Pragmatic, driven, flexible, team-player, excellent communication skills
- Strong command of the English language - Dutch/other languages is a plus
You are invited to this position by using the form below.
About this headhunter - Robert Walters
Robert Walters is wereldwijd een toonaangevend wervings- en selectiebureau, opgericht in 1985. Personeelsmanagers wereldwijd vertrouwen erop dat wij de beste specialisten voor hen vinden en zowel de grootste multinationals als het MKB en startups mogen wij tot onze klanten rekenen. We werven wereldwijd mensen voor vaste functies en interim-posities.
Robert Walters has been active on Lintberg since 2008.