- Salary undisclosed
- QTC Recruitment
For a young and innovative drug discovery company, we are looking for a “Head of Discovery and Translational Biology”. This start-up, created in 2015, has developed into a stable biotechnology company and they are quickly expanding their activities. Their mission is to discover and develop new therapies and dugs for severe and neglected diseases. Their unique antibody technology allows for stabilising and researching “undruggable” membrane proteins, which opens a whole new world of possibilities for drug discovery screening.
In this position within the cell pharmacology department, you will be in charge of all drug discovery and validation aspects. You will be leading your own cell biology team, being responsible for the in-vitro, in-vivo as well as the translational research activities. This group and their number of projects are expected to grow further and thus will your responsibilities. Furthermore, together with the CSO you will be deciding on the discovery and development strategy of the company.
Tasks & responsibilities
In this position your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Line-management of the cell biology group
- Responsibility over all biological discovery / development / translational research activities
- Provide key expertise in in-vitro cellular and mode-of-action assay development
- Project leadership in multi-disciplinary research
- Present activities to the Senior Management
- Involvement in Target Selection
You will bring the following skill set / experience:
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) in biology, biotechnology or related fields
- At least 5 years of industrial experience in cell biology, cellular pharmacology, translational medicine or related discipline
- Proven track record in cellular target and disease related in vitro assay development
- Solid knowledge of target validation, translational concepts and target / pathway modulation
- Specific expertise in inflammation, fibrosis or immunology
- Previous people management experience
An attractive and strategic position in an ambitious and promising biotech company.
You may expect:
- Head a group that is key to the success of the company
- Big strategic influence on the development of new drugs
- An opportunity to work mostly independent and contribute directly to the future of the company
- Broad scope of activities
- Chance to grow further along with the company
- A competitive salary and benefits package
You can apply to this position by using the link below. For more information please feel free to contact me directly, Lorin Raats
Consultant R&D | Biotechnological and Pharmaceutical Industry, +31(0)23 754 86 60 or +31(0)6 30 23 81 43.
About this headhunter - QTC Recruitment
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
QTC Recruitment has been active on Lintberg since 2015.