- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive for Solenis
Solenis is a leading specialty chemical supplier to the pulp and paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, bio refining and power markets. Notably, Solenis is the leading global producer of specialty papermaking chemicals. They have 3.700 employees and 35 manufacturing facilities, which span 118 countries and five continents.
Solenis is looking for an EMEA Tax Manager in Rotterdam to provide tax advice and leadership to the region in all areas of taxation in a timely, accurate and proactive manner in conjunction with the global tax team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Tax Advisory
- Provide tax advice and leadership to the region in all areas of taxation in a timely, accurate and proactive manner in conjunction with the global tax team.
- Research & Planning:
- Assist in due diligence and analysis for certain mergers and acquisitions and transaction integrations and other special projects
- Analyze, interpret and model the impact of new and proposed tax legislation on the company including assessment and quantification of potential tax exposures impacting the EMEA region
- Perform tax risk assessments for all current and future countries in the European region where Solenis operates
- Assist the global tax team and tax advisors on global income tax planning and structuring initiatives, as needed?
- Transfer Pricing
- Responsible for taking a lead role in managing tax and transfer price audits conducted by the European tax authorities
- Coordinate and drive annual European transfer pricing documentation
- Initiate and perform transfer pricing review of intercompany transactions and secure implementation of any changes?
- Tax Provision & Compliance
- Coordinate with the European accounting team to ensure timely and accurate preparation and filing of tax returns, estimates, and extensions
- Review/prepare European entity income tax provisions in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner with European regional accounting teams on the development and implementation of efficient processes to support the tax function, including training and supporting regional staff
- Assist the accounting team with the preparation of local financial statements including reconciliation of all tax accounts
- Participate in the development and implementation of global tax policies, procedures and internal controls in close coordination with the global tax and finance teams?
- Develop and maintain relationships with tax authorities and external tax advisors and manage tax audits for the European region
- Manage, direct and mentor VAT team
- Masters Degree in Tax Economics, Tax Law, Economics, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years of global corporate tax experience required (experience with Big 4 firms and/or reputable multinational companies is preferred)
- Must be fluent in English
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Experience with taxation of cross border related party transactions and transfer pricing
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals at all levels internally as well as outside of the firm in various countries and cultures
- Strong customer service orientation, a team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships
- Detail oriented & ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Competitive package and significant learning and development opportunities in a growing company.
You are invited to apply for this position by using the form below.
- Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.