Director Research & Development
- Salary undisclosed
- De Kok Van Der Pols Blokker
The business is a professional organisation of around 600 often highly educated associates active in research, production, processing, marketing and sales of vegetable seeds, headquartered in the Middle East, with branches in many countries.
In the Netherlands, there are three establishments of which the head office is in western Noord-Brabant. The company works together with customers and distributors in more than hundred countries. The business unit is part of an international group belonging to the global market leaders.
Participating in the international board, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the research & development policy. That implies a pro-active approach of market demands and a continuous identification and definition of opportunities to modify, enhance and generate products and crops. Based upon the business plan you organize the performance of breeding, technology, operation and division managers and their departments in various countries: you will have 10 direct reports.
There is intensive and cordial co-operation with the management of marketing, sales, production, logistics, HR, finance and legal in order to reach a coherent achievement of objectives.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Developing a flow of new varieties which qualify to the product definitions, as determined by PMs & PMC teams, and according the budget & time limitations.
- Assuring the R&D division is in the front of scientific knowhow, creating freedom to operate and generate competitive technological position for the company and the Limagrain Vegetable Seed division.
- Building optimal set of breeding plans, support and development technologies, while keeping the right balance between internal programs and outsource.
- Develop a long term vision for bringing the company to the top position from product portfolio and technology.
- You dispose of a varied R&D background in plants improvement or pharmacy.
- Conceptually and operationally performing at board level.
- Education academic level, preferably PhD in plant breeding, genetics, plant disease or molecular biology.
- English plus second language.
The company offers a challenging and responsible board position in an international surrounding. Around 40% of your time you spend abroad. Growth perspectives. Adequate rewards.
You are requested to apply to this position by using the form below.