- Salary undisclosed
- Quaestus Executive Leadership
This fast-growing tech organization finds its origin in a dream to develop a solution for the missing link in the energy transition: cost-effective electricity storage. An internationally composed team is developing (fine tuning) a revolutionary low-cost flow battery to store electricity at the lowest possible cost. The solution is recognized with several national and international awards and in line with the product, this company is loaded with intrinsic motivation and exponential growth potential. Today, multiple pilots on limited scale are successfully operational in the field. In cooperation with some of the most influential energy companies in the world, the first systems on actual scale are currently being built. In anticipation of commercial launch in 2021.
The organization has the (patented) technology to play a decisive role in realizing the energy transition towards a 100% clean electricity supply. The market pull for the technology is concrete and growing very fast. Launching customers have already been identified. Once commercially launched, the organization envisions building a ‘Giga factory’. Enough reasons to look for a COO with broad experience in discrete high-tech manufacturing / installation and who is able to scale operations fast and in such a way it is reliable and agile enough to cope with future demands.
The COO forms, together with the founder / CTO and early investor / CEO, the three-headed management board. Together they will lead and guide the organization in its development from a start/scale-up to an established global player.
Tasks & responsibilities
In that context the COO is responsible for the organization and realization of the large scale production of the flow battery systems, under a well-considered strategic approach, whereby 3rd party and inhouse production are optimally balanced in order to grow the production output exponentially.
Focus in this key strategic position is on both operational management and supply chain management as well as the development of the operations and supply chain strategies.
This COO role is a unique opportunity for a leading position in one of the most innovative companies in storage technology, potentially playing a decisive role in the global energy transition and with exponential growth potential. An exciting job for a seasoned entrepreneurial COO who is passionate about sustainable energy and who has the right pioneering mindset and fighting spirit. He/she combines strategic sense and vision with a hands-on attitude, matching the size and phase of the organization.
- University degree, preferably in mechanical engineering / (electro) chemistry / physics;
- Extensive COO experience in a discrete high-tech manufacturing company, ideally combined with a financial background / experience;
- Broad experience with operations; supply chain management, procurement, outsourcing, project management and quality management;
- Significant experience in expanding a scale-up to an established international player;
- Willingness to invest, having ‘’skin in the game’’, is strongly preferred;
- Experience with fundraising, managing stakeholders (partners and investors) and representing the organization towards future investors is valued;
- Background in the production of fuel cells, (flow) batteries or electrolysers is an advantage;
- English language skills, both spoken and written, are an absolute must.
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
About this headhunter - Quaestus Executive Leadership
Quaestus is gespecialiseerd in Executive Leadership en heeft een breed aanbod van diensten in Consulting, Executive Search en Leadership Development. Onze missie is het ontwikkelen van een Secure Base bij Raden van Bestuur en directie- en managementteams, met als doel het stimuleren van innovatie en exponentiële groei.
Quaestus Executive Leadership has been active on Lintberg since 2008.