- Salary undisclosed
- Amsterdam + >50% travelling
- YER Executive for IMCD Group
IMCD N.V. is a leading company in sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. With a network of offices and warehouses across EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Americas, IMCD provides its partners with the best-tailored solutions for multi-territory distribution management. Headquartered in Rotterdam, IMCD has a turnover of € 2,379 million (2018) and employs more than 2,800 professionals in more than 45 countries who provide best in class expertise for major global manufacturers.
Jan Dekker is part of the IMCD group and an innovative brand since 1778, having offices all over the world. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Jan Dekker invests in the development and promotion of sustainable ingredients and technology and it is a leading supplier of clean, natural, and organic-certified ingredients, ethically sourced from all over the world. The product portfolio includes vegetable oils and butters, preservatives, antioxidants, multi-functional ingredients, and actives with clinically proven results. The Jan Dekker in-house quality control laboratory ensures maintaining the high quality of our products and supports our customers in optimizing their formulations.
For our client Jan Dekker - as part of IMCD - we are looking for a Commercial Manager Personal Care. Are you proactive, driven and do you know how to persuade people by enthusing them? Have you proven yourself in a commercial role within Personal Care and is frequent travel not a problem for you? Then this is a great opportunity!
The Commercial Manager Personal Care is going to act as global business owner of the Jan Dekker product portfolio, as well as make sure that the sister companies and specialists are in full strength, motivated and delivering what the customers expect in all circumstances. This position has the ultimate responsibility for identifying, implementing and driving the commercial strategy (short and long term) for the Personal Care business.
You report to the Manager of the Business Unit Jan Dekker.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Effectively teach, lead, mentor and motivate our sister companies selling the Jan Dekker portfolio
- Grow revenue, profit and increase market share of the Jan Dekker brand globally in line with and supportive of the overall company and global business unit strategy and objectives
- Develops, manages and controls sales forecasts and cost budgets
- Drive territory, customer, distributor, and sales agent performance and development by setting and aligning local team objectives and actions
- Gathers, analyses and acts upon business intelligence (market, customer, and competitor insights, trends and own/distributor performance) in the territory
- Develops attractive and competitive business offerings responsive to customer and market needs in the territory
- Responsible for building the right organization (structure, competences, personalities, behaviour) and processes enabling short and long term delivery of targets
- Responsible for empowering, coaching, developing, and supporting individuals and team locally
- Responsible for stakeholder alignment and understanding - internal and external
For this position, we are looking for a motivating and enthusing manager, who is energetic, decisive and dares to take the initiative. You are result driven, a self-starter and have a proactive attitude. The most important criteria are:
- Bachelor or Master degree in business administration, commercial or technical field
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position in an international working environment
- Experience in the personal care industry is a must
- Strong commercial skills and demonstrated ability to drive business results
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience in leading of a commercial team
- Ability to operate PC based software programs and automated business systems
- Willingness to travel internationally (> 50%)
- Fluent in English is a must, any other European language is a plus (especially French)
- Dutch or EU work permit required
IMCD is growing rapidly, which offers many development and advancement opportunities, especially internationally, to the right candidate! In addition to excellent primary conditions, the following secondary conditions apply:
- Bonus scheme
- Non-contributory pension
- Working at an international and financially solid organization
- Various growth and development opportunities
- Flat organization, where the commitment of each employee contributes to the success of the organization
- Positive working atmosphere where people like to work and collaborate and where there is also room for social events
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
About this headhunter - YER Executive
YER Executive is een specialistisch label binnen de YER Group B.V. Dit internationale werving en selectiebureau is al ruim 30 jaar marktleider in carrièrebegeleiding van hoogopgeleide professionals. Vanuit de 9 Nederlandse, en 3 Amerikaanse kantoren, richten de consultants zich exclusief op specialistische hbo- en wo-functies, management- en directieposities. Door deze exclusiviteit zijn de consultants een verlengstuk van hun opdrachtgevers. Samen met de specialisaties op verschillende vakgebieden, zijn de consultants dus altijd de ideale businesspartner voor kandidaat of werkgever.
YER Executive has been active on Lintberg since 2020.