Chief Scientific Officer
- Salary undisclosed
- QTC Recruitment for Flamingo Therapeutics
Flamingo Therapeutics is a privately held Belgian company and looking for a Chief Scientific Officer. The organization is launched in July 2019 as a spin-off from the VIB and University of Michigan. In January 2020, the company completed a substantial Series A financing round co-led by a strong syndicate of international investors. To focus on the next evolution of growth Flamingo is seeking a Chief Scientific Officer to lead the discovery and preclinical development of antisense oligonucleotide therapeutics to inhibit oncogenic long-non-coding RNA targets. The research activities of the company are located in Leuven, Belgium.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be fully end-responsible over all R&D related aspects. You will be able to define the short- and long-term scientific vision/course, build up and manage a multi-disciplinary department, liaise and set-up collaborations with KOLs, help in partnering negotiations etc. Therefore, you will be instrumental to the success of the company. You can expect key accountabilities, such as providing general scientific leadership in a biotech startup company and providing leadership to discovery and preclinical programs. Thereby, you will build and maintain scientific relations with the Scientific Advisory Board and academic/industry collaborators and define and grow areas of strategic focus in alignment with the company’s objectives.
You will also establish the company’s strategic R&D roadmap in order to meet goals and milestones as set by the board. You will grow a team of- and provide leadership to project leads/managers and technical staff. Additionally, you are going to maintain the highest quality of scientific foundations of the company’s drug discovery & Development process. You will provide other members of Senior Staff and/or external partners with continuous scientific input in the areas of business development, IP, clinical development, financial planning, regulatory matters, manufacturing, extramural funding processes and initiatives. Lastly, you will plan,direct and efficiently manage the R&D budget.In the role as QA/RA Director, you will review, rebuild and maintain the Quality and Regulatory strategy. You will also be busy with optimising and digitising workflows. You design best in class processes. Thereby, you will lead the QA/RA department of five colleagues and you are the main contact for the internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this position, you bring the following experience:
- Scientific excellence, including at least 15 years of experience in basic and applied research and development preferably in small/mid-size biotech
- Solid scientific track record, exemplified by publications
- A track record in leading many aspects of a discovery stage biopharmaceutical company
- Advanced scientific degree such as PhD, PharmD or MD
- More than ten years of scientific industry experience
- Close involvement from discovery up to translational
- Strong managerial experience in discovery research
- Expert scientific knowledge in preclinical drug development in oncology
Personality wise, you recognise yourself in the following profile:
- You think outside the box and are a visionary for technology development, including commercial opportunity
- You bring energy and enthusiasm as to create a can-do mentality within the R&D team
- You have the managerial experience to enable the R&D team to reach essential milestones in a timely manner
- You have a strong ability to multi-task and to handle multiple programs and portfolios in drug discovery and development
- You have strong interpersonal and networking skills with experts in academia & industry: solid record of maintaining and developing successful relationships with opinion leaders and investigators
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be fully end-responsible over all R&D related aspects inside a promising biotechnology company. You will be able to define the short and long term scientific vision/course, build up and manage a multi-disciplinary department, liaise and set-up collaborations with KOLs, help in partnering negotiations etc. Therefore, you will be instrumental to the success of the company. These responsibilities will come with a competitive salary package.
You can apply to this position by using the link below. For more information please contact Hans Dijkstra, Managing Partner
+45 89 88 26 70.
About this headhunter - QTC Recruitment
QTC Recruitment is a reliable recruitment partner, specialising in search and selection of professionals in the life sciences industry. We provide tailored services all over Europe, offering a search proposal to find specialised candidates for demanding positions in a competitive labour market. Through decades of experience in life sciences recruitment, we have developed an extensive network of leading employers and specialists in Europe. Our goal is to make both clients and candidates happy with a new job opportunity or a matching specialist through our reliable, transparent, and personal way of doing business. QTC is all about making a difference for you on Quality, Time, and Cost.
QTC Recruitment has been active on Lintberg since 2015.