Business Director (Manufacturing)
- Salary undisclosed
- Page Executive
Our client is a global provider of advanced analytical instruments in several industries.
Tasks & responsibilities
As Business Director, you have full P&L responsibility and operational oversight for the business unit with complete ownership of the business unit's results. You are expected to effectively collaborate across functional areas within the company to ensure that all growth initiatives are integrated and prioritized to execute growth.
You are in charge of strategic planning and marketing for segment; developing short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the business unit. You will develop and manage to the business model for the products and assist in identifying and evaluating acquisition/partnership categories to investigate.
In conjunction with functional leaders, the Business Director develops business plans and resource plans (budget, facilities, people, and equipment, etc).
Tasks & responsibilities
- Review and analyze costs, process and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Work closely with Operations to ensure inventories meet Business Model specifications and to drive product manufacturing cost reduction initiatives
- Work closely with the senior management team on strategic business development
- Ensure commercial and technical policies, practices and procedures are appropriate for maximizing customer satisfaction and internal operations efficiency
- Provide leadership expertise for new product ideation and development of new products concepts; provide strategic priority and sequencing of product development initiatives
- Responsible for customer management, technical, financial and terms and conditions problem resolving; administrative responsibilities include reporting, expenses, receivables, etc.
- Leads change management initiatives when needed
- Provides strategic direction, vision, and leadership to direct reports including coaching, mentoring and developing
- Conducts yearly performance evaluation in cooperation with functional leaders
- Confers with superiors, subordinates and other personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Finance
- Experience in the process automations/instrumentation/analytics industry (or similar)
- Master's degree (MBA), preferred
- 5+ years of proven managerial experience, including full P&L responsibility
- Experience within a global organization
- New market penetration experience
- Sales and marketing strategy development experience
- Exposure to Lean processes is a plus
- Track record of building a strong team through pruning, hiring and internal development
- Self-driven, growth and results-oriented with a positive outlook, a high sense of urgency
- Person who critically assesses own performance against milestones
- Active listener who continues to learn while pulling others to collaborate in achieving global objectives; collaborative style
- Willing and able to travel extensively, including international travel
- Fluent Dutch and English
You are invited to apply for this position by following the link below. For more information, please contact Tamara van Engelen at +31 (0)20 578 94 44
About this headhunter - Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.
Page Executive has been active on Lintberg since 2008.