Chief Compliance Officer (MD)
- Salary undisclosed
- YER for MUFG Bank Europe
MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. The MBE subsidiary based in the Netherlands is the Headquarter of continental Europe. The growing network of branches is managed from Amsterdam.
As the Chief Compliance Officer you will provide the Management, the Supervisory Board and branch General Managers with a suitable and proactive second line of defence for compliance, working in close cooperation with the CCO of EMEA. You will lead and direct the development of compliance strategies and policies. You also lead the assessment, monitoring and reporting of compliance risks, the investigation of incidents and you ensure appropriate action is taken. Special attention is required for Financial Crime and integrity risks, core compliance matters and conduct.
Tasks & responsibilities
The CCO plays a leading role in the governance of the bank; establishing control frameworks and service offerings, and is responsible for the banks compliance with 1) the DNB Regulatory system, 2) relevant local regulatory requirements, and 3) MUFG Group standards as applicable to the European branch network. The CCO maintains contact with the regulator on compliance matters and provides support and oversight of the banks European branch network and subsidiaries. The CCO furthermore manages the Compliance Control Room frame.
The CCO has:
- Direct responsibility for MBE Compliance, split between Regional Financial Crime, Core Compliance, Planning & Support and the Local Compliance Officers in the branches;
- Direct responsibility for the branches of MBE and MBE’s subsidiaries.
The CCO will report to the CRO (Deputy President of MBE), contribute to short and long-term business planning, influence business strategy for the region and closely monitor compliance and conduct market developments and standards. The CCO furthermore maintains a strong functional line to the EMEA Regional CCO and has an independent reporting line to the Superivsory Board on matters relating to governance, safety and soundness.
Candidates have least 10 years working experience in compliance and/or risk management in a complex international environment. Furthermore Experience and/or certification on combatting Financial Crime is a must have.
More in detail you have the following qualifications:
- Extensive relevant industry experience with a deep conceptual understanding of Regulatory Compliance, Anti Money Laundering, establishing control frameworks and leading on good governance within global environments;
- Proven experience in maintaining a good relationship with regulators, including foremost DNB;
- Significant experience of leading at a senior level, interpreting and delivering against strategic objectives;
- A Master’s degree preferred legal or accountancy;
- A post graduate (executive master) degree in Compliance/Risk Management;
- High level of personal independence;
- Strong business acumen;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong networking and influencing skills;
- People management, coaching, mentoring and leadership skills;
- Delegation skills;
- Budgetary planning and control;
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent remuneration;
- International exposure.
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
About this headhunter - YER
YER is een internationaal arbeidsbemiddelingsbureau voor vaste en tijdelijke functies, gericht op professionals met een Bachelor-, Master- of PhD-titel. In Nederland hebben we 9 kantoren en daarnaast zijn we ook gevestigd in de Verenigde Staten. We zijn al sinds 1987 actief in de arbeidsbemiddeling en inmiddels uitgegroeid tot een toonaangevende internationale speler voor de invulling van zowel tijdelijke als vaste functies.
YER has been active on Lintberg since 2012.