- Salary undisclosed
- Lexius Search
The Teamleader accounting co-manages together with the Teamleader Legal&Corporate under supervision of and in pro-active interaction with the Director of the Team.
The Teamleader accounting under the supervision of the Team Director and in close co-operation with Teamleader Legal & Corporate, is responsible for managing the day-to-day day financial and administrative affairs relating to client companies.
The Teamleader Accounting manages the Accounting sub-team and delegates the daily management to one or more MAS.
Tasks & responsibilities
- The Teamleader accounting manages the planning and activities of the Accounting sub-team;
- He/she defines specific objectives and scope of work to be done and ensures that the services delivered to the clients are in accordance with standards of the company;
- The Teamleader accounting monitors and reviews the status of the Financial Statements, Tax Declarations e.g. CIT, VAT, other required reports, regulatory or investors reporting, as well as the timing of Board and General Meetings and thestatutory filing of the client companies;
- The Teamleader accounting reviews the time writing of the Accounting sub-team on a weekly basis to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the Time Recording process and procedure;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely and correct invoicing and review of breakdowns in accordance with the Invoicing process and procedure;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the cash collection of the outstanding invoices in accordance with the Accounts Payable Managementprocess and procedure;
- He/she assists the Team Director in hiring new staff members;
- The Teamleader accounting organizes and conducts where applicable the annual appraisal, promotions, goal settings and development process of the Accounting sub-team;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the people management process in the Accounting sub-team, including, but not limited to, providing appropriate training, coaching, feedback and giving clear ambitious and achievable targets to the Accounting sub-team.
Client Accounting and Reporting
- The Teamleader accounting ensures he/she and the Accounting sub-team fully understand the transactions and the related accounting entries taken place during the year and are able to clearly and fully explain and document these transactions on behalf of stakeholders e.g. auditors, clients;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely recording of transactions during the year;
- The Teamleader accounting reviews and signs-off on the financial statements and financial reports prepared by the team in accordance with the Drafting, Approval and Filing of Annual Accounts process and procedure;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the timely filing of the financial statements and if applicable for the timely financial reporting to the stakeholders such as regulator, exchange, bank;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the proper maintenance of the accounting files completeness, accuracy, updating of the Accounting sub-team in accordance with the Filing” and Archiving processes and procedures.
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the review and sign-off of the calculations of tax provisions;
- For tax returns prepared by the company or by an external party, the Teamleader accounting ensures the reviews of the returns before sending the tax file to the tax department for final review;
- The Teamleader accounting is responsible for the timely filling of the internally and externally prepared tax returns in line with applicable legal deadlines;
- The above tasks must be executed in accordance with the Prepare and file tax return process and procedure.
- The Teamleader accounting actively participates in risk management and compliance;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures active transaction monitoring of the companies in the BU in accordance with the “Transaction Monitoring” process and procedure.
- The Teamleader accounting completes on a daily basis his/her time-writing to ensure appropriate chargeability and a proper invoicing of the work on behalf of clients in accordance with the Time Recording process and procedure;
- The BUM (A)is responsible for the timely and correct execution and verification of the payment instructions in accordance with the Bank Payments and Client Admin process and procedure.
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the review of the draft minutes of any Board of Directors Meetings and the General Meeting of Shareholders discussing and/or approving financial transactions and/or events;
- The Teamleader accounting together with the Teamleader Legal& Corporate ensures cooperation between the Accounting and Legal & Corporate sub-teams to manage/conduct the necessary financial aspects of specific transactions e.g. incorporation, liquidation, migrations, closings.
- The Teamleader accounting ensures the Accounting sub-team follows the 24 hour response policy (internally and externally);
- The Teamleader accounting ensures appropriate organization and welcome of clients during client meetings;
- The Teamleader accounting ensures timely organization and preparation of board meetings e.g. leadership, location, social program, board pack, minutes;
- The Teamleader accounting monitors and ensures clear, efficient and professional communication between sub-team members and third parties;
- The Teamleader accounting takes ownership in maintaining the relationship with existing clients and intermediaries. This should result in longstanding and profitable relationships with clients and intermediaries and limit client outflow.
- The Teamleader accounting together with the Team Director and Teamleader Legal&Corporate and the sales members of the team prepares and ensures execution of the Commercial Business Plan and Annual Budgets;
- The Teamleader accounting attends meetings of prospects and intermediaries in order to present the company and its services. He/she participates in business trips for visiting existing clients, intermediaries and new potential clients;
- Act as Director/Manager on Board of client companies;
- The Teamleader accounting is expected to take on the role of Director/Manager on the boards of client companies in accordance with the “Directors and Managers” procedure and policy.
- University or professional studies in accounting or equivalent level gained through relevant professional experience and continuous professional learning
- 8-9 years relevant experience in an international Accounting, Audit or Trust environment
- Solid knowledge of Lux GAAP and Luxembourg and international Tax Law (including, but not limited to, holding and finance structures, incorporations, joint ventures, liquidation procedures, (group) financing rules and corporate transactions, etc.)
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing; additional language requirements may apply
- MS Office
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your curriculum vitae in English and covering letter outlining your interest in the role via the form below.
About this headhunter - Lexius Search
Lexius Search is een onafhankelijk bureau dat zich richt op de ondersteuning van opdrachtgevers bij werving en selectie van gekwalificeerde professionals. Lexius Search is een landelijk werkend werving en selectiebureau. Lexius Search richt zich op hoogwaardige posities op het gebied van Legal, Notarieel, Fiscaal en Financieel.
Lexius Search has been active on Lintberg since 2012.