- 150k - 200k per annum
- Global positions
- Tailor Made Recruitment
Our client is an international commodity trader group, specialized in the global core lines : Metals & Minerals (steel, aluminium, base metals), Agriculture (wheat, grains/corn, fertilizers) and Energy (crude oil, coal).
Next to the global core lines our client has diversified her activities within the resources sector by adding the services of Logistics and Finance in order to create relevant group synergy and provide the best solution for their suppliers & customers. With a current presence in more than 25 countries with own offices and subsidiaries, it has developed a solid international network and platform of financial instruments with all major financial institutions.
Our client has a strong focus on growth regions and are expanding its trading teams on the European, American, Asian and Australian continent. They are looking for experienced (senior) traders to join an expanding company. Key elements: entrepreneurial flair and commitment, interested in (possibly) building a new desk, being quickly appreciated and rewarded for the beneficial business the candidate(s) (will) bring.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Profitable global trading
- Realization of physical trades
- Establish and maintain strong commercial - key client - relationships
- Adopting appropriate trading and analysis strategies with scope to maximize trading revenue
- Sourcing, marketing, physical trading & risk management on a daily basis
- Managing / building up strong relationships with producers, distributors, consumers, financial & banking institutions, and brokers
- esponsible for monitoring economic and political developments in the global/domestic market
- Reacting positively and creatively to forecast market directions in order to ensure efficient operation of different desks and completion of contracts
- Work closely with management and parallel business groups to develop strong working relationships with colleagues throughout the the Group
- Provide support to business development teams
- Manage daily exposure and P&L
- Absolutely required: candidates who will bring in sound network and immediate business
- Proven track record in the following segments in order to demonstrate consistent returns: Metals and Minerals (steel, aluminium, base metals), and/or Agriculture (wheat, grains/corn, fertilizers) and/or Energy (crude oil, coal)
- Sound understanding of both physical and derivatives aspects in (global) commodity markets
- Established (local) trading expertise in certain markets, market insight and strong international network are strongly required
- Solid Risk Management Techniques combined with hands on execution and operation experience
- A minimum 5 years in a trading position
- Strong preference given to applicants with experience in trading, risk management tools and knowledge and execution of commodity market structure and logistic operations
- Team work spirits, management capacity and great interpersonal & communication skills
You can apply to this position by using the form below.