- 150k - 200k per annum
- North Africa
- Page Executive
Our client is a leading engineering and construction company with corporate headquarters based in Northern Europe. The company employs more than 40.000 people in 20 countries and provides international engineering and construction services primarily in infrastructure, industrial and high-end commercial projects in the Middle East, Africa and the USA. It ranks among the top global contractors.
The company is looking to recruit a Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be primarily responsible for the overall financial performance of the construction group and contribute positively to the development and achievement of the company's strategic objectives. The Group CFO will be able to provide clear leadership in the financial performance of the group's activities and will take the company's corporate governance to the next level. This role will therefore grant an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate with world class leadership abilities, solid financial skills as well as real estate experience to take their career to the next level.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead Country Finance Directors towards achieving group results according approved policies and targets
- Increase organizational capability through training and development of Finance staff
- Maintain, update and report the group's overall budget and financial performance to the Board
- Be responsible for all legal entity statutory requirements, support financial and tax audits
- Review the compliance with regulations to ensure smooth repatriation of funds
- Identify key financial risks for the group and work on a mitigation plan
- Monitor the implementation of appropriate internal controls for the finance function
- Work on tax optimization for the whole group with relevant in-house / external advisors
- Optimize the group's overall resources through different financial structuring mechanisms
- Deal with external experts and ensure good working relationships with banks and other stakeholders
- Manage the group working capital and capital expenditure levels
- Support regional M&A activities including financial due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Perform due diligence on potential partners, clients and/or acquisition targets
- Supervise and co-lead the implementation of new ERP systems
- Masters degree in Business Economics or Accounting
- CPA and / or MBA is a major plus as is tax qualification
- Minimum of 15 years of financial experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a CFO/Finance Director roles
- Proven track record in international real estate and/or construction is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of local and International GAAP / IFRS
- Experience implementing and improving internal controls
- Relevant experience in supporting both commercial and financial aspects
- Familiar with major ERP and accounting systems
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills with a high level of integrity - Fluent in English. Other languages such as Arabic and French are preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of maturity, diplomacy, and professionalism
- Willing to relocate to North Africa
As from € 170.000 fixed plus bonus.
Apply via the link below or for more information, please contact our responsible consultant: Max Eweg via +31 (0) 20 578 94 44 with reference number of ABME165251.
- Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.