- 150k - 200k per annum
- Coleridge & Valmore
On behalf of a US mutinaltional company we are seeking to recruit a Senior Director to head up their European Financial Shared Services Center with currently approx. 70 staff. Supporting the European business, the FSSC, an IT service center, a central distribution center and a customs packs site are based in the Maastricht area, and together with the Dutch sales organisation, the company employs around 1,150 people in the Netherlands. The company's European HQ is based in Switzerland.
Reporting to the Vice President Finance, Europe based in Switzerland, the Senior Director will manage a European FSSC. All transactions in the European region are administratively handled here (total turnover in Europe amounts to approx. USD 4 billion).
- Provide operating and strategic leadership to continue the advancement of the European Finance Shared Services to be a best in class organization;
- Drive end to end efficiency, effectiveness and quality of key accounting processes (Order to Cash, Close to Reporting, Purchase to Pay in close collaboration with currently 22 country organizations, regional HQ in Switzerland, corporate HQ in US and business organizations throughout the region;
- Responsible for hiring, developing and retaining key talents for the shared services, as well as establishing a talent pipeline that could benefit the broader finance organization;
- Accountable for measurement, reporting and quality improvement initiatives through metrics, Lean Six Sigma tools and governance models;
- Builds and maintains relationships with key internal customers and stakeholders;
- The leader of the FSSC organization will develop plans and ensure alignment with the company's global shared services strategy and objectives.
- Drive the direction and execution of transaction processing for F&A groups dedicated to serving EMEA. Define, meet and exceed service level agreements. Manage the business in consideration of peaks/valleys with an eye towards efficiency, accuracy and cost optimization;
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with key customers from regional Finance organizations within EMEA;
- Identify and develop Key talent. Focus Team on critical competencies. Develop a team of professionals. Coach & reward employees for working towards & achieving objectives;
- Provide full transparency to the business, including regular scorecards and performance metrics;
- Suggest improvement opportunities that could result in further efficiencies and/or cost benefits;
- Integrate acquisitions and identify other company organizations that could benefit from the services provided by the European Shared Services network;
- Ensure the group adheres to all policies established by regional and corporate controllership function and ensure compliance with all legal regulations and audit guidelines;
- Demonstrate a primary commitment, understanding and compliance with all regulations governing the quality systems used or impacted;
- Ensure 100% compliance to all personal and Team's mandatory training;
- Act as a Business Lead for business transformational projects intended to bring additional processes and functions to the European organization and/or those intended to improve process efficiency within the geography or function;
- Accountable for measuring, reporting, and driving improvement of performance metrics;
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and commitment to outstanding service;
- Oversee the maintenance of, and adherence to, internal controls within the shared service team;
- Coordinate and manage headcount through partnership with Finance, Operations, and HR;
- Ensure organization meets budget and financial targets.
- Executive influencing skills, charismatic leader who will bring stability;
- Leadership and communication skills focused on service levels and relationships;
- Experience within a progressive global shared services operating model;
- Strong Finance and Operations background as well as ERP roll out experience (SAP preferred);
- Problem solving skills, pragmatic rather than technocratic;
- Lean Six Sigma skills;
- Very organized and thorough in execution (reporting on day 3);
- Strong process and service orientation;
- Global awareness;
- Sensitive to multiple cultures (FSSC currently employs 16 different nationalities);
- 12-15 years in business with specialization in finance and operations within a multinational environment with the ambition to take on this position as such rather than taking it on as a stepping stone into a business controlling type of role;
- Chartered Accountant (CPA/FCA/FCCA/RA) and or MBA preferred ;
- BS Degree Finance or equivalent background;
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally; the first 6-12 months will be intensive, thereafter approx. 25%;
- Fluent in English. Additional European languages preferred.
Please apply by using the form below, including your resume.
- Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.