Director Corporate Accounting & Reporting
- € 120.000 - 140.000
More € 100K+ jobs
Our client is a world leading producer of the energy and chemicals that drive global commerce and enhance the daily lives of people around the globe.
For our client we are looking for a Director Corporate Accounting & Reporting with Big 4 background and has a leading role in an international operating or stock listed company.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Responsible for the End of Month Financial closing processes including the full consolidation of subsidiaries, branch activities;
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets, forecasts and variance reports for the business including Management Reports;
- Prepare supporting documentation and analyses related to the aforementioned to support the sub-group as well as external auditors;
- Support preparation of financial and management reporting to Global HQ and the subgroup Management team on a monthly basis;
- Support preparation of sub-group statutory Financial Statements in conformity with EU-IFRS;
- Ensure quality, consistency and integrity of the sub-group consolidation and external reports;
- Deliver best of the class (consolidated) financial statements for the sub-group, timely and accurately in accordance with EU-IFRS;
- Produces world class accurate EU-IFRS compliant information for external reporting including all financial statements & other disclosures for quarterly press releases & annual report;
- Substantiate sound accounting judgment for the resolution of accounting issues through position papers;
- Sparring partner for internal departments like CFO, M&A, Business Finance, regional/local Finance teams, Investor Relations and more;
- Functionally own the consolidation and related systems / processes;
- Foster the continuous development of the (sub) groups accounting manual;
- Drive EU-IFRS knowledge sharing across the group;
- Liaises with local CFO’s, Controllers, Treasury, Tax and other departments to ensure guidelines, policies and instructions are met;
- Monitors new regulatory developments in financial reporting for listed companies and adapt these developments into accounting policies;
- Follows up on accounting matters as part of the period end closing and align conclusions with external auditor;
- Sets up a relevant succession pipeline in the team ensuring a constant level of excellence;
- Provides project support (acquisitions, liquidations, etc.);
- Liaise with auditors during the preparations of annual report and interim reviews;
- Prepare Audit Committee meetings.
- Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, preferably with a post master degree (Registered Accountant, (F)ACCA, CPA or equivalent);
- 12+ years of experience in a big-four auditing company, later within an international operating company or division of a listed corporation;
- In-depth knowledge and broad experience of international accounting standards and active interest in new developments in this area;
- Progressive experience in financial consolidation, reporting, analysis and internal control.
- Continuously learns, improves and develops him/herself;
- Knowledge and experience in SAP/BPC;
- Advanced technical skills in Excel and Power-point is a plus;
- Takes ownership and is self-starter;
- Hands-on, getting things done mentality;
- Enjoys problem solving and working under pressure;
- Excellent communicator and excellent business acumen;
- Excellent leadership / communication skills / stakeholder management;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken, as it is the work language.
Salary: €120.000 - €140.000.
You can apply to this position by using the link below. For more information please contact Rogier Schatens, +31 0655724253.
About this headhunter - Staan
Mensen maken je bedrijf. Daarom zorgen we ervoor dat de juiste financials op de juiste plaatsen terecht komen. Vind de ideale (interim) job via Staan.
More jobs from Staan on Lintberg
Staan has been active on Lintberg since 2020.