- 100k - 150k per annum
- Lafang, China
- De Kok Van Der Pols Blokker
Fokker Elmo is one of the international operating companies of Stork Aerospace, a strategic business operation within the Stork Group.
Fokker Elmo is strongly positioned as a dedicated specialist for Electrical Systems & Electronics for Commercial, Business, Defense and also Space applications.
Fokker Elmo's core expertise lies in the design, certification and production of electrical systems for aircraft, associated equipment and engine interconnection systems. The company is a dedicated partner with other global aviation specialists like Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, and Rolls Royce to name a few.
Fokker Elmo has around 1000 employees and is located in the Netherlands, China, and the United States of America. The company expects further growth in the near future.
The main office is located in Hoogerheide, in the south of the Netherlands.
In 2008 Fokker Elmo will establish a production facility in Izmir, Turkey. The preparations have started.
For the operation in Lafang (China) with approxitemaly 650 employees we are looking for a manufacturing manager.
The Manager Manufacturing reports hierarchically and operationally to the General Manager FE-CN. The Manager Manufacturing reports functionally to the Director Operations (FE headquarters in the Netherlands). In this role of Manager Manufacturing he is a member of the FE-CN Management Team, and is responsible for Manufacturing, Facilities, Internal Account / Project Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Project Reporting, Risk Management, Business Improvements and the Leadership and Management of Cross Functional Manufacturing Process Cells across three (3) Integrated Product Teams.
- Through effective Leadership and directional instruction, contribute to the development of a highly motivated, cross skilled team of personnel ready to meet the manufacturing objectives of the company through application of World Best Practiced operations.
- Through facilitation and motivation of personnel create a production environment of work practices to remove non value added activities, providing a Lean manufacturing environment able to provide quality, competitively priced, on time delivery of product deliverables.
- Contribute through commitment to meeting stated business objectives, ultimately optimising the profitability of the manufacturing components of projects, via introduction of Process Improvement Teams, Value Scoreboards and Performance Management Framework.
- Technology Transfers and implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques and methodologies. Lean Manufacturing is also part of Operational Excellence and part of the GO-programme.
- Develop and Implement the Industry Competency Standards across the business.
- An Active member of the steering committee for the Development and implementing of the Strategic Plan for the Global Expansion and Operational Efficiencies of the Cultural Change Program GO. GO is targeting People, Processes and Business Systems practices necessary for FE-CN to continue to grow successfully and will involve investment in all its people to protect the company’s future well being.
Responsible for facilities such as: Technical Maintenance Equipment, Technical Maintenance Building (gas, water, light, etc.), Subcontracting partners (for cleaning, food & beverages).
- For this position it is important to set up and maintain a good co-operation between the departments involved in the operational processes.
- Take care that all subordinates work and behave in accordance with the applicable rules of conduct and discipline as prescribed in the Company Manual.
- As a member of the Management Team, the Manager Manufacturing has a shared responsibility for most general policy items of FE-CN.
- Experience of working in China and / or with companies in excessive of 500 employees.
Education, training and experience requirements
- (Technical) College or University level (Western standard). Bachelor or Master Degree.
Personal qualities, capabilities and manual skills
- Leadership qualities
- Advisory qualities
- Team player
- Ability to communicate, formulate and report in a clear and understandable manner
If you are interested in this position please send your cv with the form below at the attention of Wim Blokker.