Head of Accounting (Tax & Audit)
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Page Executive
The South Stream Offshore Gas Pipeline is a new world-class gas transportation system. Designed to directly connect European Union (EU) consumers to the world's largest gas reserves in Russia, it will start bringing gas to the countries of Central and South-Eastern Europe by the end of 2015. South Stream will help Europe meet its ambitious energy and environmental objectives by securely delivering gas - the cleanest fossil fuel - and by enabling the cost-efficient introduction of renewable energy sources - all to provide reliable energy supplies while facilitating the reduction of CO2 emissions.
A key element of this system is a set of state-of-the-art 925 km underwater gas pipelines through the Black Sea and related onshore landing facilities that is currently being planned by South Stream Transport B.V., a joint venture of large and well-established Italian, French, German and Russian energy companies. The Project has an investment budget of several billion Euros, financed by the shareholders and other commercial investors. This long-term investment will provide a significant stimulus for many sectors of the European economy and has the support of a large number of governments in the EU and elsewhere. For this ambitious Project, our client is seeking to fill a number of exciting positions within their new Headquarters at the Zuidas in Amsterdam.
- Responsible for the financial consolidation, management and regulatory reportings, company taxation and audit
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in accordance with accounting principles in relation to Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- Supervise all accounting-related matters - statutory, quarterly and monthly closings
- Ensuring the timely preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements (statutory and management reporting), filing and subsequent approval by the Board
- Performing risk analysis, setting up and execution of audit programs and providing recommendations and assurance on the effectiviness of the control framework to management
- Responsible for ad-hoc reporting as requested by the Joint venture partners
- Work with both internal and external auditors during financial audits
- Management, coaching and development of staff
- Secure the compliance with tax rules in the countries where the Company operates
- Qualified Accountant - NIVRA, ACA, CPA , or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP required
- Experience working within an industrial or project environment
- Experience working with Joint venture structures is considered as an advantage
- Minimum 7 years work experience in an accounting and financial reporting function
- Excellent communication skills, including executive level presentations
- Leadership skills to build a strong, knowledgeable and committed team of top performers
- Fluent English essential and knowledge of Russian language preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with strict deadlines
€120.000 - 160.000 base, plus additional package.
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information please contact Nanke van Asten at +31 (0)20 578 94 44.
About this headhunter - Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.
Page Executive has been active on Lintberg since 2008.