- 100k - 150k per annum
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use our network equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
It is one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards. Their networks, telecom services and multimedia solutions make it easier for people, across the world, to communicate. And as communication changes the way we live and work, Ericsson is playing a key role in this evolution. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, they are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. Our customers vision is to be the prime driver in an all-communicating world.
Ericsson Modems is a recently established unit within Ericsson with the ambition to become a leading provider of multi-standard cellular modems for smartphones, tablets, and machine-to-machine communication. Ericsson Modems is a fabless semiconductor unit, offering both ICs and IPs, in leading CMOS technologies (28nm and beyond) supporting current and future cellular standards (2G, 3G, LTE, LTE-A, etc.)
DSP-Innovation Centre (DSP-IC), located in Eindhoven, provides a key component for these multi-standard modems: the Embedded Vector Processor (EVP), a state-of-the-art programmable vector Digital Signal Processor (DSP). DSP-IC covers the entire DSP innovation chain: requirements, instruction-set architecture, micro architecture, compiler, SDK, digital design, verification, physical design, and support. We are now looking for a new manager for DSP-IC.
You will be leading and managing about 30 international high-tech professionals, nearly all with a M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. degree. You will be responsible for the overall site including R&D process, vision and strategy, portfolio, alignment with other R&D organizations in Ericsson Modems, adherence to roadmaps, staff allocation, project reviews, timely execution, and product quality. You will manage the team, including reviews, coaching, career planning, providing attractive working conditions, and stimulating team spirit.
- A master degree in a technical science, preferably in electronic engineering or in computer science. A PhD or PD Eng (Professional Doctorate in Engineering) is preferred, as well as a strong technical background in programmable DSPs or other processors, with good understanding of RTL, physical design and software development processes. Knowledge of baseband processing and SoC architectures is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team of high-tech professionals in an R&D environment. Proven project management skills
- Excellent people management skills. Able to lead, empower, and motivate a diverse work force of highly educated technical professionals
- Ability to think on a strategic level. Accountable, independent, and collaborative
- Good understanding of Business processes – finance, HR, IT, procurement etc.
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficient in the English language and a good orator
This opportunity offers you an excellent career step within a world class high technology company. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
You are requested to respond to this position by using the form below.