- 100k - 150k per annum
- Blooming Hill
Ecorys is one of the oldest research and consulting companies in Europe. Ecorys is an international company specializing in economic and social development. Ecorys has offices in Belgium, India, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Spain, Poland, Russian Federation, Hungary, Bulgaria, Turkey, Hungary and Croatia. Ecorys has a reputation for being a knowledge institute, delivering high quality research based advice, consultancy and training, programme management and implementation, communication and financing, monitoring and evaluation. Ecorys is active in its home countries of the Netherlands and the UK, the EU and its neighboring states and in developing countries.
Ecorys' experts are currently working on projects in more than 110 countries across the world, where they combine their international expertise with local knowledge.
Over the decades ECORYS has been commercially viable and has retained its independence. At present they are fully owned by their employees and by the Foundation The Netherlands Economic Institute. This foundation uses its dividend income to invest in the further development of in-house knowledge in the company.
An international professional Group Controller/Treasurer who combines best in class financial management and control with commercial support and customer focus to the business.
The Ecorys Group has an ambitious agenda to transform and raise the performance of the business globally, and continue to build on Ecorys’s leading role in the global consulting and advisory sector. The business has important and long standing clients, served out of offices in 13 countries, and a dedicated and high quality team of professionals. The role of Group Controller/Treasurer is a key senior management position in support of the Group CFO and working with the three operating company finance directors – UK, NL and International. Annual Revenues EUR 80m.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the CFO of Ecorys Group
- Leading a finance team of approx. 2, and working with the three opco. FDs and their teams
- Production of monthly management accounts, risk overview, performance pack, forward orders, half year and annual statutory accounts
- Production of weekly cash-flow forecasting
- Coordination and management of budget cycle in support of the CFO & Board
- Coordination and implementation of effective internal control environment, including project tendering, delegations and compliance with the accounting manual
- Liaison with external auditors, management and oversight of the external audit process
- Input and support of the group Treasury operation and strategy, experience of international cash management
- Professionally qualified and with a strong technical IFRS knowledge, combined with commercial customer focus
- Proven experience of production of full consolidated accounts
- Strong understanding of cash generation in a project based business, including work in progress, long term contracts
- Proven working capital management and cash forecasting skills – working with the business
- Exposure/experience in Treasury management, wanting to build on that
- Familiar with monthly business performance review and management
- Energetic, self starter, strong communicator
- Not scared to take bold steps
- Experience of profit improvement initiatives and actions
- Leads by example, not afraid of sleeves rolled up into the detail
- Some experience of M&A an advantage
- Business partner style, supportive, creative
- Able to challenge the status quo in a constructive way
- Fluent in Dutch & English, spoken and written, other languages a bonus
- Based at Ecorys Rotterdam, living within easy commute of Rotterdam
- Willing to travel to international offices
The salary for this position is € 100.000.
You can apply to this position by using the form below. For more information, please contact Barbara Kuil or Sofie Man at +31 (0)35 20 18 400.
About this headhunter - Blooming Hill
Blooming Hill is een executive search en interim management bureau gespecialiseerd in het bemiddelen van financiële professionals op management- en directieniveau. Onze specifieke "finance" focus in combinatie met onze betrokkenheid, inhoudelijke kennis en ons netwerk zorgt voor een optimale match tussen kandidaat en werkgever.
Blooming Hill has been active on Lintberg since 2011.