- 100k - 150k per annum
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use our network equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
It is one of the few companies worldwide that can offer end-to-end solutions for all major mobile communication standards. Their networks, telecom services and multimedia solutions make it easier for people, across the world, to communicate. And as communication changes the way we live and work, Ericsson is playing a key role in this evolution. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, they are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. Our customers vision is to be the prime driver in an all-communicating world.
The Global Competence Hub (GCH) Ericsson is responsible for delivering worldwide senior competence services (Development, Implementation, Integration and Support) on Ericsson solutions.
To facilitate further growth (global coverage/ support new product and service introduction to all 10 regions), the GCH is looking for several highly motivated Business Development Managers in the fast developing domain M2M.
The Business Development Manager in the GCH is in the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with end user customers, operators and internal Ericsson teams. Critical pre-requisite of these highly visible and senior roles is a strong business acumen supported by deep technical knowledge and organizational skills.
One of the focus areas in GCH Media & Applications, situated in The Netherlands, is in Service Enablement in M2M within automotive. This fast growing domain will be in the center of attention of all operators worldwide in the upcoming years. You have a big drive to work in this area of business that is still at the early stages of the Product Life Cycle. You will have a key role in translating customer- / market requirements into technical solutions that create profitable business for our customers.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Create and discuss M2M business cases with our automotive customers
- (Fulfill the role of Lead Architect in Pre-Sales customer engagements )
- Lead and contribute in customer workshops with presentations, demos and discussions
- Able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including FOA products and 3rd party products
- Perform business intelligence and analysis on new market trends and competitions
- (Fulfill the role of Lead Architect in Pre-Sales customer engagements and early stages of delivery projects to secure smooth handover)
- Steering and contributing to Ericsson’s business direction based on customer needs
- Intensive cooperation with other Ericsson units in the M2M domain
- Drive development of new applications, demo’s and POC’s
- Act as a role model and mentor for less experienced members in customer projects
- Develop competence in new growth areas through internal trainings to ensure organizational readiness
- Research and educate the team on the strategy of Ericsson’s M2M business
- Good understanding of our customers go to market model
- Sales drive: Strong track record of selling (partner with sales/ account management) products/ services solutions through a consultative approach, focusing on customer needs
- Proactive: Proven track record of seeking and identifying new business opportunities
- Innovative: Proven track record in creating innovations that bring impact on the organization’s top line
Technical Skills, Experiences
- Bachelor/ Masters degree
- Telecom Operator network knowledge or strong IT background
- Strong knowledge in the Service Enablement domain is a must
- Knowledge in M2M in Vertical Automotive is a must
- Knowledge in enterprise frameworks such as eTOM, ITIL and TOGAF is a plus
- Acting at a Senior level for a minimum of 3 years
- Capability to cooperate with different units and stakeholders within Ericsson
- Multicultural / Internationally oriented
- Excellent English language skills as well in verbal as in written
- Able and willing to travel
- Creative, capability to think 'outside of the box '
The salary indication for this position is max. € 100.000 (OTE).
You can apply to this position by using the form below.