- 100k - 150k per annum
- Michael Page International
Our client is the rapidly growing European subsidiary of a well capitalized, listed US company in the transport sector. The organization is acquisition focused with continued growth expectations for Europe. The local company operates very much on an autonomous basis with significant support from the corporate parent. The Finance Director will report to the General Manager and will be a key member of the core management team that includes the General Manager, Commercial Manager and Operations Manager. The management team is small, dynamic and committed to the business. The successful candidate will have to become fully knowledgeable of the operations so as to contribute to its success. The Finance Director will be expected to professionalize the Finance function in general and help drive the business strategically, particularly when assisting in new business development and costing.
- As a member of the core management team, the successful candidate will both manage the financial performance of the existing business and help the business team develop and execute a Europe-wide growth strategy.
- Identify mid-term and long-term business opportunities and drivers within the markets
- Pro-actively analyse company performance, risk management, investments and market trends and conditions
- Advise the management team and help to develop financial strategies including development and delivery of business plans, objectives and budgets
- Support and manage business development and M&A activities and evaluate, in cooperation with corporate accounting/finance and the commercial team, the finance and accounting implications of proposed transactions and business development opportunities
- Supervise regional finance and accounting activities, coordinating both daily and cyclical activities
- Implement career development and training plan for direct reports
- Provide timely and accurate management reporting including cash flow analysis
- Advise regional senior level and department management team with financial review, budget and forecast for the regional operation
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to corporate accounting, department heads and senior management as well as completion of all regional reporting requirements, statutory or otherwise
- Implement and ensure, in conjunction with corporate accounting, the ongoing effectiveness of regional accounting systems and appropriate internal controls
- Assist corporate accounting with cash management activities, including ensuring timely collection of accounts receivable and timely payment of accounts payable
- Oversee and coordinate the documentation and filing of all of the parent company's European holding company structure - including a BV/CV and Dutch, Belgian and German subsidiaries
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets as well as quarterly forecasts
- Provide clear and consistent communication with US corporate office, particularly regarding monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
Ideal candidate profile
- Business Administration, Finance or Economics, CMA/RC/MBA preferred
- Experience with local GAAP and IFRS practices, national and international European financial and taxation legislation, reporting and filing requirements required; knowledge of and experience with U.S. GAAP preferred
- Minimum 10 years finance and account experience of which at least a 3-5 years on managerial level
- Good communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with all organizational levels
- Ability to manage a team and work closely with others in a team atmosphere
- Ability to understand strategy and translate this into operational planning and execution
- Creative and hands on attitude
- Ambitious and energetic personality
- Strong sparring partner abilities, commercially savvy
- Must be proficient in Dutch and English, German is an additional consideration
A competitive fixed salary (100k+), a challenging bonus system and benefits matching the demands of the position
You can apply to this position by using the link below.
Application please in English!
For more information please contact: Nanke Van Asten on +31 (0) 20 5789444
- Page Executive
The executive search division of PageGroup, Page Executive provides a range of search, selection and talent management solutions for organisations on a permanent and interim basis. Recognised for our powerful in-house research function, speed and flexibility of response and assignment completion rates, organisations worldwide use Page Executive to secure their senior talent.
Page Executive is part of PageGroup, worldwide leaders in specialist recruitment.