Deputy Controller EMEA
- 100k - 150k per annum
- Blooming Hill
We are partnering with a large international U.S technology company in search of an EMEA Deputy Controller. This opportunity will be support the Controller EMEA in all aspects of regional monthly reviews, quarterly reporting and analysis of the company’s global business process environment. The EMEA Deputy Controller will be tasked in working in tandem with the EMEA FPA team, country FDs and Legal teams.
This position will be based in Amsterdam and report to the Controller EMEA who is also located in Amsterdam. The EMEA Deputy Controller will be collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholder and will be expected to travel a few days a month. Responsibilities will cover afore mentioned aspects as well as having full responsibility in executing and reviewing regional SOX controls and picking up on US GAAP matters.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Review monthly country P/L and B/S with the country finance directors and SharedService Center
- Analyze monthly and quarterly regional consolidated financials
- Manage the preparation of monthly regional review package and perform ad hoc analysis
- Coordinate, monitor and manage quarterly reporting information for US HQ
- Perform technical accounting analysis and prepare accounting memos, align with tax and treasury on complex accounting and reporting matters
- Lead the analysis of accounting and reporting matters for complex transactions (real estate deals, financial and legal reorganizations etc.) under US GAAP in cooperation with the US technical accounting and reporting team
- Assist with the gap analysis of US GAAP to Statutory reporting in cooperation with local Finance Directors and external advisors
- Oversee tax and regulatory compliance issues
- Manage the preparation and prepare analysis for tax and treasury reviews
- Monitor and review interim and annual statutory filings
- Deploy, maintain and manage the accounting and reporting framework across EMEA
- Execute SOX controls and ensure compliance with SOX framework
- Drive and oversee regional standardization, harmonization and improvement projects for accounting, reporting (REIT/SWIFT/ECO)
- Designing a monthly regional review package in cooperation with FPA Reassess and improving quarterly information flow to the US and PwC
- Develop sufficient oversight for statutory filings
- Prepare accounting memos
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- Minimum 8 year relevant experience obtained in Big4 and industry, technology industry knowledge is desired but not essential
- Previous experience with group reporting is essential
- Exposure to the needs of US GAAP/SEC reporting requirement with strong technical skills and experience is essential
- Experience with transfer pricing arrangements, legal and tax reorganization is preferred
- Previous experience of working in a matrix reporting environment, ideally with multiple-country experience in EMEA
- A strong academic background with demonstrable commercial acumen. Finance or Business degree, ideally a Masters or MBA
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes
- Experience of working for US multinational organizations and also exposure to entrepreneurial companies experiencing rapid growth
- Systems-literate, ideally Oracle ERP (R12) or SAP
- Evidence of cultural affinity with fast pace, dynamism, multi-site complexity and accountability, as typified by sector experience in media/agency, technology, telecoms, retail, FMCG, logistics and professional services
- Experienced in managing a team and able to influence and persuade senior executives
The salary condition for this position is between € 100.000 - 110.000, with an additional 25% bonus opportunity.
You can apply to this position by using the form. For more information, please contact Barbara Kuil-Jipping or Sofie de Man at +31 (0)35 201 84 00.
About this headhunter - Blooming Hill
Blooming Hill is een executive search en interim management bureau gespecialiseerd in het bemiddelen van financiële professionals op management- en directieniveau. Onze specifieke "finance" focus in combinatie met onze betrokkenheid, inhoudelijke kennis en ons netwerk zorgt voor een optimale match tussen kandidaat en werkgever.
Blooming Hill has been active on Lintberg since 2011.