Global Director of People & Culture
- € 125.000 - 140.000 + bonus
- AIM4 for Brunel International
Brunel is a professional services company founded in 1975 and has since developed into an international group and prestigious "Global Brand" with a global infrastructure of more than 100 offices in 40+ countries, 12,000 employees and turnover of € 1 billion.
Brunel is a healthy, growing listed company with the dynamics of an agile, medium-sized enterprise. It is a global provider of flexible workforce solutions and expertise. Brunel delivers tailor made solutions like Recruitment, Global Mobility, Project Management, Secondment, Consultancy or scope of work for our clients, both on a global scale and on a local level. Our ability to help our clients beyond their expectations is a testament to our people and their entrepreneurial spirit, knowledge and results-driven approach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
The head office of Brunel International and the Global People & Culture Department are located in Amsterdam. Global People & Culture is subdivided into Global Talent Management & Learning, HR Business Partnership, HSEQ and The Brunel Foundation (5 Direct Reports). Operating within a matrix, the Regional HR Leaders have an indirect line to this role making the entire Global People & Culture community 70 team members. The People & Culture Department aims to internally anchor its strategy by by developing a robust Learning & Development Academy, and to continue the development of Core People processes such as Talent Succession & Development, Performance Management and Engagement. This is a broad role which also encompasses the execution and development of Brunel’s ESG strategy, Diversity Inclusion & Belonging and Executive Leadership Development Programs.
The ideal candidate will have completed higher professional or university education in Human Resources or similar. You will have more than 15 years’ experience in People & Culture or HR, of which 10 years’ experience was gained managing a multi-disciplined team including talent & e-learning and HR business partnership. You will possess extensive international experience in dynamic professional service providers, engineering companies or consultancy businesses within business-driven organisations. You will have a successful track record in developing and implementing HR strategy and be able to initiate and lead complex change.
You will be responsible for developing and leading the People & Culture strategy for Brunel. You will act as a strategic business partner to the Board and Global Leadership Team to partner in building future capabilities, drive performance, effective change management, attract & retain talent and engage people.
You will work with the Board to determine organisation's priorities and apply these in the regions. You have execution power and persuasion and be able to raise support among in- and external stakeholders.
You possess strong leadership and programme management skills. You are the type of Director and finisher who not only supervises programmes, but also actively participates in projects. You know how to gather the right people around you and can manage diverse international teams in a coaching, inspiring and motivating manner, with an eye for maturity level differences.
You possess strong communication skills, can switch easily between different cultures and nationalities and know how to connect, mobilize and inspire managers and employees. As a person, you are authentic, open, pragmatic, clear and fair. You are able to flexibly adapt your style at all levels, both within and outside the organisation. You have experience acting at Executive Board level.
You are at home within an ambitious, commercially-driven organisation where flexibility and shifting gears quickly are expected. You have your own opinions, are substantively explicit and are a self-starter. The position is ideal for a solid, entrepreneurial Director who can lead People & Culture programmes. You will be a sparring partner and advisor to the Board and will report in this challenging role to the CEO.
Tasks and responsibilities
The essence of the role of Global Director of People & Culture is:
- Leverage and develop the Global People & Culture vision/strategy and roadmap through partnership, collaboration and effective communication with the Board, GLT and Global HR Community.
- Support a global engagement agenda in collaboration with the Board and GLT.
- Lead the development of the Brunel Academy to support building future capabilities and developing Internal and External Specialists and Client Communities.
- Lead and develop Global Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Strategy partnering with the Regions through advocacy, coaching and support. Ensure a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Play a key role in developing current and future leaders through current & new programmes and continue to develop & leverage talent succession & development.
- Partner with the Regional & Global leaders to enable key strategy and change, i.e., diversification strategy to support building future capabilities, organisational design to be future ready.
- Drive performance, recognition and development by developing and automating connected core people processes such as Talent Succession & Development, Performance Management and Engagement.
- Support the enablement and embedding of the ESG strategy through collaboration with the Board, Brunel Foundation and GLT and developing connected initiatives.
- Support a safe and healthy environment through a clear HSEQ strategy and plan.
- Raise support from the Executive Board, employees and other stakeholders.
As a Global Director of People & Culture, you will recognise yourself in the following
- You will have completed higher professional or university education in Human Resources or similar.
- You will have more than 15 years’ experience in People & Culture, of which 10 years’ experience was gained managing a multi-disciplined team (including Talent & Learning and HR Business Partnership).
- You will possess extensive international experience in dynamic professional service providers, engineering companies or consultancy businesses within business-driven organisations.
- You are able to initiate and manage programmes. You can raise support at all levels.
- You will have experience working internationally and in a multicultural environment.
- You will have a successful track record of developing and implementing strategy.
- You will have experience working with the Executive Board and being a strategic partner to the Executive Board.
- You will have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- You are a strategic thinker. You are aligned to execute People & Culture strategy and programmes.
- You have a strong, ambitious, proactive personality with natural dominance and excellent leadership and coaching skills. You are socially intelligent and possess a can-do mentality.
- You are visibly present, people-oriented, a team player and can connect and communicate at all levels.
- You are a self-starter, quartermaster, authentic, driven, hands-on and able to raise support.
- You are analytical, strong in projects and stress-resistant. You are enterprising and result-oriented.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English. A command of the Dutch and/or German language is an advantage.
- You are willing to travel on an 'as much as you want to travel' basis.
- Gross annual salary range, including holiday pay up to € 140,000 depending on knowledge, experience and personal qualities.
- Bonus of maximum 40%.
- The salary is based on a 40-hour working week.
- Lease auto commensurate with position / car allowance.
- You will qualify for 'Stock Appreciation Rights’ with proven suitability after one year.
- Compliant secondary employment conditions and pension provisions.
If you or someone you know fit the profile and are interested in this position, please e-mail a resume and motivation by using the form below, quoting the reference number: BRGL.AIM4.EW. For more information, contact Robert Blaauw at +31 682525385.
About this headhunter - AIM4
AIM4 is een netwerkorganisatie die vraag en aanbod verbindt voor interim en vaste functies op tactisch/strategisch niveau. En we verzorgen coaching & development trajecten op het gebied van persoonlijk leiderschap.
AIM4 werkt anders. Uit overtuiging dat onze netwerkaanpak beter is. Persoonlijker en sneller. We kennen de mensen in ons netwerk, weten wie bij welke opdracht past en hebben gevoel voor de ‘klik’.
AIM4 has been active on Lintberg since 2020.