- Salary undisclosed
- Rotterdam area
- Lothar Associates
Our client, founded in 1872, is an international operating engineering office located in the Rotterdam Area.
To stay ahead of the industry, our client is developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Then join the thinkers, leaders and visionaries at our client.
For the office of our client the Rotterdam Area we are currently looking for a Marine Engineer to join the Naval Architecture Department.
This department is responsible for all naval architectural work related to the vessels, such as design, analyses and working procedures. In this role you will provide engineering support in relation to all ship systems.
We are particularly interested in people who have worked on ships as a marine engineer and who are seeking an onshore job.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design, installation and operational use of ship machinery and electrical plants
- Engineer a variety of systems, including the ship’s propulsion plants, electric power generation, refrigeration and climate control and auxiliary systems for cooling and lubrication, cargo handling, loading and unloading
- Prepare FMEA studies for ship systems and equipment
- Integrate different equipment in order to create well-functioning, efficient and cost-effective systems
- Supervise external engineering including drawing preparation, checking and approval
- Prepare technical specifications, test reports and operational procedures
- Investigate modification proposals, preparations for operational upgrades
- Provide engineering assistance for ship repair and dry docking
- Prepare ship machinery an electrical plant for class approval
- Preparation and class approval of ship machinery and electrical plant
- Develop in-house software for engineering and estimating purposes
- Co-ordinate with other departments, in particular the Technical Department, Drawing Office and Operations
- Develop a deep understanding of vessel motions, stability, vessel structural and design codes
- Maintain vessel database, computer and hard copy files
- BSc or MSc in Marine Engineering, Maritime Academy or equivalent
- Affinity with the marine profession
- Able to work independent as well in a team
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Prepared to go offshore on occasion
You are invited to apply for this position by using the form below.