- € 100.000 - 110.000
- Andersen Tax & Legal for Lumileds
LUMILEDS is a global leader in light engine technology, employing more than 9,000 team members operating in over 30 countries. In 2017, LUMILEDS generated sales of approximately $2B.
For LUMILEDS, Andersen Tax & Legal is the recruiting partner to recruit for the position of ‘Senior Manager Accounting & Internal Control EMEA’. In the position of Senior Manager Accounting & Internal Control EMEA you will be part of the Global Accounting and Internal Control (A&IC) organization.
You will be key contact for technical IFRS accounting and reporting issues for EMEA. One of the main objectives for the position is to secure a high quality standard (IFRS) in accounting and reporting globally and in your region, by assuring financial integrity and transparency of accounting and financial reporting in general.
You will be part of the Global Accounting and Internal Control (A&IC) organization. You will have a primary reporting line to the Global Head of Accounting & Internal Control based in the LUMILEDS Headquarter in Amsterdam. You will have a close working relationship with you’re A&IC colleagues in Amsterdam, as well as the other regional A&IC experts / Chief Accountants, Finance Operations team in Pabianice-Poland, Penang-Malaysia and Infosys colleagues.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a real IFRS specialist you will support in ensuring a solid local Internal Control Framework as a basis for high quality reporting and compliance
- Support local statutory accounts preparation and filing, in close cooperation with country controllers, external consultants and external auditors
- Providing accounting and reporting (External as well as internal reporting) guidance to the finance community
- Advise your A&IC organization on improvements on quality of financial reporting
- Interact with country and business controllers to understand the business developments and identify related accounting and financial reporting implications
- Reviewing and documenting accounting topics and their approaches and resolutions
- Perform entity level financial reviews to ensure timely identification of (Potential) accounting issues. Oversee, guide and support accounting issue resolution together with the Finance Accounting Operations teams (RTR)
- Support in delivering IFRS training to the finance community
- Monitoring IASB standards and projects translating the business impact to the finance community
- Ensure accounting policy adherence and standardization
- Drive robust, accessible and updated IFRS knowledge within the finance community
- Ensure group management makes informed and sound decisions on major transactions by advising on accounting and external reporting implications
- Qualified as Registered Accountant / Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in financial reporting and/or auditor role (Big 4 background preferred)
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP) and active interest in new developments in this area
- Proactive, self starting and strong communication skills necessary
- Previous experience dealing with accounting issues across a global finance community
- Experienced in managing sensitive information in business environment
- Ability to host/(co)develop training courses and to communicate complex matters in a simple manner
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- IT affinity necessary (SAP, BCS or BPC, Excel)
- Team player with ability to work under high pressure still meeting deadlines
- Understanding of and sensitivity to business environment
- Your way of working is characterized by a high level of accuracy and you are fluent in English (verbal and written)
You will work in an international passionate team with a personal touch. The salary indication for this position is € 100.000 - 110.000.
You are invited to apply for this position by using the form below.