- 150k - 200k per annum
The group of our long-term client is a global leader in connectivity solutions for communications networks. It provides infrastructure solutions for wireless, business enterprise, residential broadband and carrier wire-line networks. It is head-quartered in US and has more then 13,000 employees. Our customer is part of the wireless business unit of the group. It is located between Nuremberg and Augsburg and world-market leader in the repeater technology. There are around 300 employees; 160 regarding the manufacturing. Another 80 manufacturing people are in a further plant in Czech Republic. Additionally there is an outsourced unit in Italy. To manage the whole operations we are looking for YOU, the Director Operations (f/m).
Provides strategic leadership for the business unit Wireless Innovation focus on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as on-time delivery performance, production schedule attainment, forecast accuracy, inventory turns, and manufacturing/product costs to ensure desired performance levels are achieved. Co-ordinates communication between site operations in Germany and Czech Republic, as well as interface with general management, operation and engineering management and procurement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive WI Product Sourcing strategy that achieves customer lead
- times expectations, competitive product costing, and quality requirements.
- Manage existing internal manufacturing capabilities to acceptable and improving KPI’s, while
- developing facility rationalization and competitive benchmarking.
- Sustain and improve existing strategic initiatives to include: lean manufacturing; S&OP process; EMS
- outsourcing; low cost labor sourcing; on time delivery performance; and inventory management.
- Manage the WIG participation in the development and implementation of the Global integrated SAP
- business system to ensure WIG business and process interest are represented and accounted for.
- Develop the WIG Operations leadership team to meet the changing demands of the Product Sourcing
- Interface and utilize the support organizations of the Global Supply Organization.
- Degree (Bachelor/Master) in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Physics or similar
- Proven work experiences in electronic manufacturing industries in similar position
- Capability in analyzing and improving business processes, experienced in the areas of lean
- manufacturing, inventory management, supplier management
- Experienced in subcontracting to Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to proficiently speak and write English
- and German
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word & MS PowerPoint. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must be able to work well with across multi-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Functions well in high-pressure environments.
- A team player with strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
When you are keen on your next career step, we are very pleased to hear from you. Please send your application by using the form below.
You are very much welcome in case you firstly would like to talk with our consultant, Mr. Michael Rohrbach, telephone nr. +49 911 7418243 or +49 171 836 2346. We guarantee you absolute confidentiality.
This search procedure has been closed (10-02-2011).